We are a cooperative and do not have paid staff, so members volunteer to help during the weekly 4-hour share pickups. To sign up for shifts we use the website SignUpGenius. See the Volunteer Signup page for more info on how to sign up.
There are three different volunteer opportunities:
- Opening Shift (2 volunteers each week) – 2 hrs – from 3:30-5:30 – Opening shift tasks include unloading the truck, setting up tables, checking off and helping members as they pick up their shares. Click here for more details.
- Closing Shift (2 volunteers each week) – 2 hrs – from 5:15 to 7:15 – Closing shift tasks include checking off and helping members as they pick up their shares and then cleaning up and putting away bins, etc. Click here for more details.
- Food Pantry Delivery (1 volunteer each week) – 1 hr (6:30- 7:15) – We are currently sending the left overs to the Jewish Family Services Kosher Food Pantry, who sends a person to do the actual transport. Your job as the JLG Food Pantry Delivery volunteer is to help count and pack up leftover veggies, load them into the KFP vehicle and then helping the closing shift volunteers with cleaning and putting things away.
Here are the important points you need to know:
- Number of times to volunteer throughout the season:
- Every-week shares are responsible for filling 3 volunteer slots.
- Every-other-week shares are responsible for filing 2 volunteer slots
- There are 2 volunteers required each week for Opening and Closing shift. If you are late or cancel without finding a replacement, there will only be one person there to assist other members.
- There is a 15 minute overlap between Opening and Closing shifts – this is very important as it allows Opening and Closing shift members to communicate about any special instructions for the week. PLEASE do not be late or leave early.
- There is only 1 volunteer each week for the Food Pantry Delivery. If you are late or cancel without finding a replacement, the closing shift volunteers will have trouble closing.
This is your CSA! Please be kind and considerate of your fellow members – sign up, show up on time, and if you arrive and there aren’t enough volunteers – lend a helping hand!
Still have questions? See the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Still confused or having trouble with Signup Genius? Send an email to the CSA Coordinators (whcsa11 at gmail dot com ) and we’ll help you sort it out.